History

A century of innovations

The foundation of Böhler International GmbH took place in 1992, as the result of a comprehensive reorganization of the Böhler Group within Böhler-Uddeholm AG. The objective behind this foundation was to further widen and intensify the group’s worldwide sales activities and service. If you want to learn more about Böhler's long and impressive history, please click here



2016
 

Offices moved to DC Tower, Donau-City-Straße 7, A-1220 Vienna

2016
 

Böhler Wärmebehandlung GmbH merged into Böhler International GmbH

2015
 

Böhler Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH merged into Böhler International GmbH

2013
 

Offices moved to Modecenterstrasse 14/A/4, A-1030 Vienna; logistics operations moved to Kapfenberg

2011
 

Böhler-Uddeholm AG renamed voestalpine Edelstahl GmbH

2007
 

Voestalpine AG acquired Böhler-Uddelholm AG; comprehensive integration into the voestalpine Group's Special Steel Division completed one year later

2003
 

Böhler-Uddeholm AG fully privatized

1995
 

Böhler-Uddelhom AG IPO

1992
 

Böhler International GmbH founded

1990
 

VOESTALPINE STAHL AG acquires Swedish company UDDEHOLM AB

1989
 

Böhler Vertriebsges.m.b.H founded, as sales subsidiary for Austria

1975
 

Merger with Schoeller-Bleckmann and Steirische Gussstahlwerke

1913
 

Worldwide sales network established (Paris 1882, Budapest 1896, Shanghai und Melbourne 1907, Buenos Aires 1913)

1903
 

Listing on Berlin Stock Exchange

1894
 

Gussstahlwerk Kapfenberg (cast steel works) acquired

1870
 

Albert & Emil Böhler founded in Vienna, as an "Offene Handelsgesellschaft" (open trading company). Main focus: trading of Styrian steel.